Wednesday, March 16, 2011

R.I.P. Nate Dogg

One of rap's most lauded male hook singers, Long Beach, California native Nate Dogg (born Nathaniel Hale) died on Tuesday at the age of 41 after several years of health problems. Hale was born in Long Beach on August 19, 1969, and dropped out of high school at 16 to join the Marines, where he served for three years.


After forming the group 213 with Snoop Dog and Warren G, a demo got into the hands of Dr. Dre who asked him to put in work on the "Chronic" album.

Nate Dogg taught us all how to be a G and keep it smooth all in the same breath. His deep melodic voice brought substance to the gangster rap sound created on the West Coast,a nd his imprint was easily recognized.

He was involved in numerous hits by both major and indie artists alike. Some of those hits include Warren G's "Regulate, Eminem and Dr Dre's "Next Episode", and Ludacris's "Area Codes" and Eminem's "Shake That" all of which garnered him Grammy nominations for his work.














A number of his close friends, brethren and fellow artists took to Twitter to pay homage to him:

"We lost a true legend n hip hop n rnb" tweeted Snoop. "One of my best friends n a brother to me since 1986 when I was a sophomore at poly high where we met. I love u buddy luv. U will always b wit me 4ever n a day u put the g n g funk u put the 1 n 213 n u put yo stamp on evrybdy u ever didit wit ... I miss u cuzz I am so sad but so happy I got to grow up wit u and I will c u again n heaven cuz u know d slogan. ... All doggs go to heaven yo homie n baby brotha bigg snoopdogg!!"

"R.I.P. TO MY HOMEBOY NATE DOGG DPGC DOGG POUND GANGSTA 4 LIFE," tweeted Daz.

"There is a certain void in hip hop's heart that can never be filled. Glad we got to make history together. RT @SnoopDogg: RIP NATE DOGG," tweeted Ludacris.

"I lost a friend," an emotional Game wrote on his Twitter account. "Been here before. Tears. Memories. One day someone will lose 'US' as well. LIVING until that day comes is our only option. R.I.P. Nate Dogg. Why does it take Death to remind us about the importance of life ??? Cherish every moment cuz tomorrow he mite call your #."

"We love you Nate Dogg, it's never going to be the same" West Coast rapper Xzibit added. Among the others who weighed in on Twitter were Erykah Badu, reclusive comedian Dave Chappelle, Murs and producer Fred Wreck.

My condolences to the Hale family, his friends and legion of fans around the globe!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment