Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Rihanna Speaks On Release Of New Album


With Rihanna's new album, Loud, due on November 16, the singer gave an extensive interview to the BBC's Radio 1 channel. She touched on a wide range of subjects but mostly about her not following the current rends in the business and having an album full of dance club songs ala Lady Gaga, Katy Perry and others.

"I can't believe it's the fifth album already," she told host Scott Mills. "That's insane to think about. I've never been this excited about anything I've done creatively, and this is just the perfect Rihanna album: Every song is tailored to me... I wanted songs that were all Rihanna songs, that nobody else could do. I didn't want the generic pop record that Ke$ha or Lady Gaga or Katy Perry could just do and it'll work. I wanted songs that were Rihanna songs, that only I could do, had that little West Indian vibe to it, had that certain tone, a certain sass and a certain energy."

Rihanna also talked about her upcoming movie, Battleship, which is based on the classic board game. She will play an officer named Raike in the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment