Sunday, November 21, 2010

Is This What Rap Has Been Watered Down To? - Shawty Mane's Video (Justin Bieber's Rap Alter Ego To Release Mixtape w/ Lil Twist of Young Money)


According to MTV, Biebs is working on a mixtape with Young Money rapper Lil Twist.

Trust that as an industry veteran and a lover of this industry, there is room for me to give praise to any teen sensation that comes along and garners the attention like Justin Bieber has, but one thing I can't get passed is the fact that when others try to exploit these young artists and are willing to let them be involved in anything that looks, smells, and seems like easy money, often at the cost of that teen sensations loyal following, or worse their career.

I'm sure that he will be fine with his allegiance of fans (mostly young smitten girls), but this is just not sitting good with me. Rap has had it's hard knocks over the past decade, with all the garbage that has infiltrated the genre, and the seemingly overnight sensations like Drake, Nicki Minaj, etc.., who have stepped in the game and taken it by storm, but this is taking it much too far.

JB came up with an altar-ego Shawty Mane for his latest project—a rap song called “Speaking in Tongues,” originally a track recorded by NYC heavyweights Cam'ron and Vado.

JB talked about how he came up with his rap name, saying, "I don't know, me and my friends were just messing around and they were like, 'Shawty Mane,' and I was like, 'Yeah, that'll be my nickname.'

No comments:

Post a Comment