Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Prince-Good Morning America Interview on "Owning Rights To Your Masters And Avoiding "Con"-tracts


"I'm blessed to have a job that I love. I think of myself as music, so it's hard to go to sleep at night, because I'm always hearing music. I could be watching a tv program and I hear them talk about music and my ears perk up, because music is as natural to me as breathing. It's necessary to have your business together, we do quite well, but it's two different avenues, music is natural to us, but business was taught to us, and we're constantly learning new ways to approach it."

It took Prince years to learn that he was getting ripped off, and he doesn't own the rights to most of his extensive early catalog. But he shows that he is concerned of other artist's perils in the business and stresses that ownership of your music is very important.

No comments:

Post a Comment